Business Administration: BS, BA
The business administration major provides students with a broad education in the core business areas of finance, human resource management, marketing, and operations. This well-rounded degree option is for students wishing to enter the business world and pursue a wider variety of careers.
Students earning a degree in business administration develop strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to make decisions, pay close attention to detail, and analyze and interpret data. This skill set is highly sought after by employers in the business field. Internship opportunities, along with participation and leadership in clubs and organizations as well as study abroad experiences, are available to students through the Huntsman School of Business, giving them an edge in finding careers after graduation.
The business administration program is housed in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, the oldest business school west of the Mississippi. USU has offered business degrees since 1894 and has long held prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and continues to be on the forefront of advanced business education.
Apply to Utah State University
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, this program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: Incoming freshman may be admitted directly if they have an ACT composite score of 24 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Transfer Students: Transfer students from other institutions or students transferring from other USU majors may be admitted after they have earned 24 or more post-high school credits with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Students not meeting the above conditions can still to apply. Admission is competitive based on available space. Students must fill out an application (available online), have earned a minimum GPA of 2.67, and must have completed certain prerequisite courses.
- International students have additional admissions requirements.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
With a degree in business administration, students can pursue the following careers:
- Business manager
- Business analyst
- Benefits administrator
- Account executive
- Department administrator
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
- Professional Bookkeeping, CP
- Web Business, CP
- Professional Bookkeeper, CC
- Small Business Operations, AAS
- Business, AB
- Accounting, BS/BA
- Agribusiness, BS
- Business Education, BS/BA
- Economics, BS/BA
- Marketing, BS/BA
- Business Administration, MBA
- Human Resources, MHR
- Entrepreneurship, Minor
- Hospitality and Tourism Management, Minor
- Marketing, Minor
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.
Utah State University Eastern:
Business & Information Systems Department
Utah State University:
Huntsmans School of Business, Management Department