Business Education: BS, BA
A degree in business education prepares students for careers by providing learning opportunities and experiences necessary in our changing world. Students explore and apply concepts in the business field in order to teach others. Business education majors have a nearly 100% job placement rate, upon graduation.
Apply to Utah State University
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, this program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
- Transfer Students: Transfer students from other institutions and students transferring from other USU majors need a 2.75 total GPA for admission to this major.
- STEP Requirements: In order to be accepted into STEP, students must go through an application process, which includes the following:
- Complete 60 semester credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete certain core courses (see department for more information)
- Complete a speech and hearing test
- Pass the Teacher Education Writing Exam
- Provide an unofficial copy of your transcript
- Pass a criminal background check (this should be done one semester before submitting the application)
- International students have additional admissions requirements.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
With a degree in business education, students may pursue the following careers:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business teacher
- Financial manager
- Loan officer
- Tax preparer
- Administrative assistant
- Desktop publisher
- Human resource assistants
- Computer technical support
- Web design • Management
- Office assistant
- Small business manager
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
- Web Business, CP
- Professional Bookkeeping, CP
- Professional Bookkeeper, CC
- Small Business Operations, AAS
- Business, AB
- Accounting, BS/BA
- Agribusiness, BS
- Business Administration, BS/BA
- Economics, BS/BA
- Marketing, BS/BA
- Business Administration, MBA
- Human Resources, MHR
- Entrepreneurship, Minor
- Hospitality and Tourism Management, Minor
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.
Utah State University Eastern:
Business & Information Systems
Utah State University:
School of Applied Sciences,Technology and Education