Marketing: BS, BA
Marketing is an interdisciplinary career path in business. A marketing degree can open many doors in a wide range of industries, including advertising, media, and sales activities. The modern marketer understands and influences buyer and seller behavior. Within the socio-economic and political environment, the marketer plans, prices, promotes, and distributes goods and services.
The marketing program is housed in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, the oldest business school west of the Mississippi. USU has offered business degrees since 1894 and has long held prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and continues to be on the forefront of advanced business education.
Apply to Utah State University
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, the Department of Management has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: Incoming freshman may be admitted directly if they have an ACT composite score of 24 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Transfer Students: Transfer students from other institutions or students transferring from other USU majors may be admitted after they have earned 24 or more post-high school credits with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Students not meeting the above conditions can still to apply. Admission is competitive based on available space. Students must fill out an application (available online), have earned a minimum GPA of 2.67, and must have completed certain prerequisite courses.
International students have additional admissions requirements.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
With a degree in marketing, you will be qualified for the following careers:
- Customer relations
- Purchasing and procurement
- Brand management
- Market research
- Product management
- Public relations specialist
- Sales representative
- Investment manager
- Media planner
- Financial services
- Marketing assistant
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.