Career and Technical Education: MEd
This 100% online professional degree program is designed to meet the needs of practicing educators and engage prospective educators in the Career and Technical Education profession.
This degree does not require a thesis and can be completed in as little as two years (five semesters, 33 credits).
Graduates with a CTE MEd will have the skills to improve their teaching as a highly-qualified teacher and become an educational leader in Career and Technical Education school administration. Graduates work in secondary and post-secondary educational institutions without a formal appointment in research.
USU School of Applied Sciences, Technology and Education:
Career and Technical Education Master of Education
Career and Technical Education - MEd
Students who have met the following requirements will be eligible for acceptance into the degree program.
- A bachelor’s degree in a career and technical education or related program from an accredited institution.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended are required.
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or score at or above the 40th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative components of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). You may retake this exam multiple time, but you will not be accepted into the program until you score at or about the 40th percentile.
- Three letters of recommendation. The applicant provides email addresses of three individuals during the online application process. USU will contact these individuals for their recommendation.
- If you would like to begin the degree You may register for up to 12 credits of the degree courses, but will not be allowed to take any more courses after that until you are accepted into the program.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
People with a MEd in Career and Technical Education may pursue careers in:
- Teacher (advanced pay scale)
- Post-Secondary Educator
- CTE Director
- School Administrator
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.
Utah State University:
School of Applied Sciences, Technology and Education