Police Officer Standards Training (POST)
Police Academy certificates are offered in three college-credit modules: Special Function Officer (SFO), Basic Correctional Officer (BCO), and Law Enforcement Officer (LEO).
Benefits of USU Eastern Police Office Academy
- Students will be working for a degree and can qualify for Financial Aid.
- Students in the program enjoy exceptional classroom space and class exercise areas.
- Studies include time at the firearms facility at the North Springs Shooting Range.
- Students in USU Eastern's Criminal Justice program can take POST while also pursuing their criminal justice degree studies.
- POST testing available on campus at the Testing Center.
- Those who earn a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) certification may carry out routine police assignments including routine patrol, preliminary investigation, traffic regulation, investigation duties, etc.
POST is only offered on the Price Campus.
USU Eastern Police Officer Academy:
Apply to Utah State University
- Physical timed tests including: vertical jumps, sit ups, push-ups, a 1.5 mile run and a 300 meter run.
- Pass a criminal background test.
- Complete the National Officer Selection Test.
- Complete the Utah Police Officer Standards and Training Application for Training and Certification.
Be sure to read the page completely then click the "Applicant Form Center" link at the bottom to begin.
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE MET WITH ACADEMY DIRECTOR.
For more tips and information about college preparation see College Prep.
With a POST Certificate students will be prepared for careers as:
- Security Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Law Enforcement Officer
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.