Family Provider Start-Up Grant Information & Application
The Office of Child Care and Care About Childcare - USU Eastern have funding available for individuals wishing to obtain a Family Child Care License (Residential Certificate providers may not apply). Up to $400 is reimbursed to providers to cover the costs of initial licensing fees and expenses. The grant is a reimbursement after the expenses have already been incurred and you have received your license. You will need to keep receipts from purchases which are required by Licensing such as:
- Bureau of Licensing fees and City/County Business License fees
- Fire & kitchen inspection fees, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors
- First aid kits
- First Aid, CPR, Food Handlers Certification, and T.B. Test
- CAC Basic Child Care class fee
In order to receive this Start-up Grant you will be required to send us:
- A grant application form.
- Copies of the receipts for your expenses.
- A copy of the certificate showing that you have completed the Basic Child Care course.
- A copy of your new child care license.
Contact the Office of Child Care for additional grant opportunities.