at USU EASTERN
- Child Care Referral
- Parent Resources
- Summer Programs
For Childcare Providers
- Professional Development
- Provider Resources
- Provider Grants
- Early Childhood Associations
Other Care About Childcare Agencies
Education & Family, Consumer and Human Development
Care About Childcare at USU Eastern
Care About Childcare at USU Eastern offers several classes for child care providers to help them receive hours for licensing requirements, work toward the CDA, and achieve incentives on the Career Ladder.
Care About Childcare at USU Eastern Current Training Information
Other Training Options
- Care Courses are distance learning that comes in both a book format “correspondence” for those without computer access or “on-line” with a computer. The web address is www.carecourses.com. Care Courses do have online and phone support.
- Care About Childcare at Children's Service Society now offers online training for all child care providers in the State of Utah. Click here to access information about this new training opportunity: http://www.smarthorizons.org/naccrra/cssu/
- Some Community Courses have been approved for Career Ladder Credit. Contact Care About Childcare at USU Eastern or visit the Training Registry for more information.
- Learn At Home Packet in Basic Child is available from our office for five non face-to-face training hours. It will not count toward the career ladder, but will count for licensing hours. If you are interested, send in the fee along with your name and address - a packet will be mailed to you. (Basic Child Care - 5 Hours - $20)
2nd Annual Care About Childcare at USU Eastern Conference
"...And the Pail Came Tumbling After..."
Strategies and Solutions in Finding Balance for Early Childhood Professions
Save the date! September 25-26, 2015
Keynote speaker: John Funk
This conference will look at the strategies and solutions that assist you, as an early childhood professional, in finding balance. Topics will focus on the social, emotional, physical and creative self; helping you to keep your smile and renew your passion for your chosen profession.
Friday, September 25th, 6:00 - 9:00 pm - BBQ and Licensing Training
Saturday, September 26th, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm - Conference, workshops, and keynote. Lunch provided.
Early Childhood Collaboration Conference
"Discover the Superhero in You!"
Developing Appropriate Practice in the Early Years
Save the date: September 18 - 19, 2015 Cedar City, Utah
The Early Childhood Collaboration Conference is designed to provide a quality training experience that brings together the many partners in our early childhood community. Our goal is to educate each other on who we are and how we all fit together. It is our hope that we can provide opportunities to establish linkages and highlight the resources that are available in our communities, so we can work together more effectively to improve the quality of life for our youngest citizens.
UAEYC Early Childhood Conference
The Utah Association for the Education of Young Children (UAEYC) presents the Utah Early Childhood Conference.
Early childhood professionals from Utah and surrounding areas gather every year to explore new ideas for creating communities where every child's potential is realized.
Save the date: Annual Utah Early Childhood Conference. Held in March or April. For more information visit their website http://www.utahearlychildhoodconference.com/
The Professional Development Award System is a voluntary statewide professional development program for early childhood educators in a child care setting. The goal of this award is to increase the quality of child care by caregivers receiving ongoing education and training. The program also will move caregivers up on the Career Ladder and reward longevity in the field.
Eligible caregivers completing the requirements, and who maintain a minimum of ten hours of approved training per year, will receive a yearly cash bonus. Caregivers who choose to get a Level 4 or higher, and who remain in the field for 5 years or more, will get a substantial increase in award amount.
The following resources should answer most of your questions, however, feel free to contact our office.
- Provider Professional Development Booklet
- Professional Development Application
- Scholarship Application
By visiting the statewide Training Registry, child care providers can easily view a list of upcoming classes, see their current class schedule, get a transcript of classes they have already taken, see where they are on the Career Ladder, and check the status of their Career Ladder applications.
- Utah Training Registry
Contact Care About Childcare at USU Eastern to get your username
CDA - Child Development Associate Credential
The CDA is a great way for providers to take their careers to the next level. This nationally recognized certification highlights special training and qualifications for early childhood. Specializations are in the areas of family child care, infant/toddler, and preschool.
Contact Care About Childcare at USU Eastern for assistance with the CDA.