New Employee Benefits
As a new employee in a fully benefited position at Utah State University Eastern, you are eligible for many great benefits.
Please download and review the New Employee Packet, or browse the HR website to study about your benefits and other resources available to you. In addition to your annual salary, the approximate value of your benefits package is 45% of your salary.
All benefits and coverage are effective on your date of hire.
As a new employee in a fully benefited position at USU Eastern, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Employee Healthcare Plans - Enrollment online with PEHP
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account - Enrollment online with PEHP
- Dental Insurance - Enrollment on paper forms (see required forms below)
- Retirement Contributions - Enrollment on Paper forms (see required forms below)
- Group Life Insurance - Enrollment in supplemental life insurance done online with The Hartford
- Disability Insurance - Automatic, but can opt-out online with The Hartford
- Other voluntary benefits - Enrollment on paper forms or call vendor
Required Forms (Due within 30 days from the hire date)
- All Required New Hire Forms (includes):
- Employee Demographics
- Policy Acknowledgement
- Beneficiary Designation for USU Death Benefits
- Acknowledgement of Retirement Account Options & Election Form
- Retirement 401(a) Investment Provider Form
- 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Auto Enroll Opt Out Form (only if opting out of the 3% employee contribution)
- EMI Health - Dental Enrollment/Change Form