HealthChampion Health Care Support Service
For employees enrolled in The Hartford's Group Life insurance program.
Employees enrolled in a Group Disability plan from The Hartford receive unlimited access to Benefit Specialists and nurses for administrative and clinical support to address medical care and concerns about claims. This assistance can help them understand their health care options, find the right resources, and resolve issues in a timely and fair manner. Services include claim and billing support, explanation of benefits, cost estimates/fee negotiation, information related to medical conditions and available treatments, one-on-one review of their health concerns, and support to help prepare for medical visits. HealthChampion is included with our Short-term and Long-term disability coverages.
- Explanation of your benefits
- Cost estimation for covered and non-covered treatment options
- Guidance on claims and billing issues
- Fee and payment plan negotiation
- Explanation of appeals process
- Review of health concers
- Preparation for upcoming doctor's visits
- Answers regarding diagnosis and treatment
- Coordination with health care plan providers
- Referral to community resources and support groups