Dietetics Administration: MDADepartment: Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Sciences Department
College: College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
The master of dietetics administration degree is a professional degree with online coursework designed to provide registered dietitians with in-depth training in management and leadership in food and nutrition program administration. The skills emphasized in the MDA program enhance management career options for graduates in clinical, community, foodservice, and entrepreneurial practice. Nationwide, there is a great need for professionally educated managers and leaders at local, district, state, and federal levels in food and nutrition programs, including school, university, hospital food services, public health/community programs, and clinical practice. This program provides skills in leadership, problem solving, financial management, human resource management, entrepreneurship, and more.
Graduates with an MDA can work in the following areas:
- Child nutrition programs and school foodservice operations and management
- Managers in foodservice operations at hospitals and nursing homes
- Clinical nutritionists and clinical nutrition management
- Public health programs and public health program management
- Private practice dieticians and owners
- Private clinics and clinic management
- Diabetes clinics and clinic management
- Weight-loss management for various organizations
Select degrees and programs are not available at all Utah State University locations. Please contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability.If you are intending to complete this program online outside the state of Utah, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.