Become an Elementary Teacher
Utah State University Eastern-Blanding offers a path to a rewarding and in-demand career as an elementary teacher.
With four locations in the Four Corners region, USU Eastern-Blanding has all the benefits of a large university and is accessible and affordable to local students. With a degree from USU, you will be prepared to enter the education field and begin working as a teacher in your community
Applicants to the Rural Southeastern Utah Teacher Education Project sponsored by the School of Teacher Education and Leadership must meet the following requirements. Documents verifying all requirements must be attached to the application. Students must be admitted to USU to apply for the Elementary Education Program. This program leads to licensure in grades 1-6 in Utah.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RURAL SOUTHEASTERN UTAH TEACHER EDUCATION PROJECT
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 with a minimum of 30 college credits
- Complete the following core general education classes with an average GPA of 3.0
- ELED 1010 – Intro to Elementary Education B- or better
- FCHD 1500 – Human Development Across the Lifespan C or better
- ENGLISH COMPOSITION (3 credits) C+ or better
- MATH 2010 or 2020 C or better [Prerequisite: Math 1050, C- or better]
- AMERICAN INSTITUTIONS/SOCIAL SCIENCE (3 credits) C or better
- HUMANITIES/CREATIVE ARTS (3 credits) C or better
- LIFE AND/OR PHYSICAL SCIENCE (6 credits) C or better
Writing sample Participate in a group interview after submitting application
- All applicants must take part in a 90-minute Group Interview. This interview helps faculty get to know applicants and better evaluate skills critical to effective teaching. Group Interviews are scheduled following the application deadline. Students can sign up for the Group Interview at BAEC #2, or call (435) 678-8512, before the application deadline. Students must submit a Teacher Education Application before signing up for the interview.
- Group interviews will be held the week of June 28, 2017.
USU Eastern - Blanding Campus
C/O Cindy Higgins
576 West 200 South Blanding, Utah 84511
Application Deadline is June 16
Financial Aid Sites
Office of Navajo Nation Scholarship and Financial Assistance
Utah Navajo Trust Fund
FAFSA (PELL Grant)
For more information contact:
Cindy HigginsEducation Specialist SR
(435) 678 - 8512