Heavy Equipment & TruckingUSU Eastern's Heavy Equipment &Trucking Program (HETR) is designed to train, certify and license individuals in heavy equipment operation and commercial truck driving.
The program offers 15 weeks of training for the heavy equipment courses and 15 weeks of training for the CDL courses. The courses are competency based - as a skill is learned the student moves on to the next skill until the training is complete. Upon completion courses, the students may have a Certificate of Completion as well as a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Upon completion of the USU Eastern Heavy Equipment & Trucking program you will have the basic knowledge and skills to begin a career as and entry level heavy equipment operator and/or obtained a Class A Commercial Driver's License. You will have gained skills such as:
- Performing pre-operation equipment inspections
- Knowing and understanding the controls and operation practices of excavation equipment
- Being able to perform specific operation tasks both safely and productively
- Having a general understanding of excavation construction practices
- Obtaining a Class A CDL
- Performing pre-operation inspection on a commercial vehicle
- Knowing how to operate and control a commercial vehicle in a safe manner
- Being prepared to secure employment
You may also consider continuing your education and obtaining an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree.