Becoming a Licensed Child Care Provider
Are you interested in becoming a child care provider?
- Would you like to be your own boss?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Do you like being organized?
- Do you enjoy nurturing and being with young children?
- Are you concerned about what happens to children when their parents need to work or go to school?
- Would you like a way to work at home, be with your children and contribute to the family income at the same time?
Find out how to become licensed and learn about the benefits of being licensed as a child care provider. Care About Child Care can support you in taking steps to becoming a child care provider in your community. E-mail your questions to to email@example.com or call us at (888) 637-4786.
To get started follow the steps below:
- Go to the Bureau of Child Care Licensing Web Site to view information on requirements for both a Family Child Care License and a Residential Certificate. See a comparison of requirements for Licensed Family Child Care and Residential Certificate.
- Attend Licensing Orientation. (The Child Care Licensing Training Specialist (801) 584-8292 can help you schedule this.)
- Contact Care About Childcare - USU Eastern at (888) 637-4786 if you would like the assistance of a mentor to help you through the licensing process. We will also answer your questions about the Family Start-Up Grant.
- Attend child care classes that are scheduled in your area.