Referrals and Marketing
The Care About Childcare web site offers free referrals to regulated childcare providers. When using this website, families in the community are given the names of child care providers in their area. When you become a child care provider you will be added to our referral database.
Update your openings online to help us keep your records current. If you contact us with your updates three months in a row, you will also receive a credit for a free Care About Childcare class to help you with your professional development goals. You can also contact us anytime when you have changes to make to your record on our referral database. We want to be able to give families the most current and accurate information available.
Note: We do not guarantee quality or refer one provider over another and we accept no responsibility for child care providers. We feel that parents are in the best position to select the provider that best meets the needs of their children. Referrals are based on vacancies, scheduling needs, location, etc. Our database lists names in random order to give all providers an equal opportunity to get referrals.
You can now market your program on the Care About Childcare web site by posting a description of your program and uploading photos of your program.
The goal of the Provider Marketing Page is to help providers showcase their unique programs and give parents looking for child care more information. When a parent uses the Care About Childcare Referral Database to search for childcare they will now be able to view photos and a description of your program. You can log into your marketing page anytime and make changes. Refer to the How to Create a Marketing Page on the Care About Childcare Website instruction sheet for detailed information.
Why Create a Care About Childcare Marketing Page?
- The Care About Childcare (CAC) website refers 6,912 families to childcare each year. That equals approximately 200-300 hits per weekday.
- Parents seeking childcare are a computer using generation. They want to do their searching for quality childcare online. If your marketing page isn't there they won't find you.
- A Marketing page on the CAC Website can help combat negative word of mouth advertising. By having a Marketing page parents can see for themselves the truth about the quality of your childcare business.
- It’s free advertising. Free is always a good thing.
What Does My Marketing Page Provide?General Information such as:
- Contact information
- Types of care provided
- There is a direct link to your licensing record on the Department of Health website
- Career ladder
- Your experience, training, or your willingness to be trained
Care About Childcare Quality Indicators
Your Personalized Message and Photos
What Do I Need to Get Started?
Your marketing page can be completed in less than 10 minutes. You should include a brief description of your program with information such as:
- Information you would give to a parent who was calling for a referral
- Your hours
- Your experience
- Types of activities you include
- Any specific focus
- Meals and snacks you provide
- What makes you unique compared to other providers?
- Information about outdoor activities, art, science, school preparation, etc.
- Additional information
- Parent packet information
- Philosophy and mission statement
- Previous advertising or flyers
- You can include up to 10 photos showing different aspects of your program.
Let Us Help
Not comfortable with computers? Not sure what to do or say? Let us help. We can walk you through the process or get the information from you and upload it for you.
Call us: (435) 613-5619