Care About Childcare - USU Eastern offers several classes for child care providers to help them receive hours for licensing requirements, work toward the Child Care Associate Credential (CDA), and achieve incentives on the Career Ladder.
Care About Childcare - USU Eastern Current Training Information
Other Training Options
- Care Courses are distance learning courses that come in either book format “correspondence” for those without computer access or “on-line” for those with a computer. Care Courses do have online and phone support.
- The Children's Service Society now offers online training for all child care providers in the State of Utah.
- Some community courses have been approved for Career Ladder Credit. Contact Care About Childcare - USU Eastern or visit the Training Registry for more information.
- A "Learn At Home Packet in Basic Child" is available from our office for five non face-to-face training hours. It will not count toward the career ladder, but will count for licensing hours. If you are interested, send in the fee along with your name and address - a packet will be mailed to you. (Basic Child Care - 5 Hours - $20)
The Freelance Instructor Network - A New Professional Development Opportunity
Looking for a way for your staff to receive more training and Career Ladder credit hours? We have an exciting new professional development opportunity that will provide a way for programs to arrange on-site training for their staff.
In partnership with Care About Childcare, the Office of Child Care is piloting a new initiative called the Freelance Instructor Network (FIN). In this pilot, programs will be able to independently contract with an approved instructor to teach Care About Childcare courses for their employees. Programs will be able negotiate the time and place of the training with the contracted instructor.
- Contact Care About Childcare at USU Eastern to request the FIN contact list for your area.
- Contact an instructor on the list and discuss your program's professional development needs.
- Independently contract with an instructor to teach a Care About Childcare course for the staff at your program.
As the Child Care Quality System (CCQS) launches, the FIN provides a new option to assist programs with meeting their professional development goals. We hope you will take advantage of this new pilot initiative if it meets your program's needs
Please contact Christina Pay at Care About Childcare - USU Eastern by e-mail email@example.com or phone (435) 613-5620 with any questions.
"The Butterfly Effect"
September 21 - 22, 2019
March 2, 2019
The Utah Association for the Education of Young Children (UAEYC) presents the Utah Early Childhood Conference. Early childhood professionals from Utah and surrounding areas gather every year to explore new ideas for creating communities where every child's potential is realized.
The Professional Development Award System is a voluntary statewide professional development program for early childhood educators in a child care setting. The goal of this award is to increase the quality of child care by caregivers receiving ongoing education and training. The program also will move caregivers up on the Career Ladder and reward longevity in the field.
Eligible caregivers completing the requirements, and who maintain a minimum of ten hours of approved training per year, will receive a yearly cash bonus. Caregivers who choose to get a Level 4 or higher, and who remain in the field for 5 years or more, will get a substantial increase in award amount.
By visiting the statewide Workforce Registry, child care providers can easily view a list of upcoming classes, see their current class schedule, get a transcript of classes they have already taken, see where they are on the Career Ladder, and check the status of their Career Ladder applications.
- Utah Workforce Registry
Contact Care About Childcare - USU Eastern to get your username
Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
The CDA is a great way for providers to take their careers to the next level. This nationally recognized certification highlights special training and qualifications for early childhood. Specializations are in the areas of family child care, infant/toddler, and preschool. Contact Care About Childcare - USU Eastern for assistance with the CDA.
- Visit the CDA Council website for more information about getting or renewing your CDA