USU Eastern Dining Services offers nutritional meals and supports the dietary needs of any event, meeting or reception. Dining Services can cater 10-800 guests in various location on campus. Catering services are available for USU Eastern functions as well as community events.
Contact us today to schedule your next meeting, party, reception or celebration.
We look forward to serving you!
Title: Director of Campus Events / Dining Services
Office: Jennifer Leavitt Student Center (JLSC) 101
Phone: (435) 613-5628
Many options are available depending on the type of event you are hosting.
Please see our Catering Menus for costs and options.
Your first step in planning your event is scheduling the venue. The scheduling of rooms in the Jennifer Leavitt Student Center and on the campus of USU Eastern are handled through Student Services at (435) 613-5628. All USU Eastern Facilities are smoke free buildings. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Catering Services are available anywhere on USU Eastern Campus.
Visit Venue Rentals for more information regarding available locations
Will Call: Orders are pick-up only. Orders can be placed to be picked up hot or cold.
Deliver Only: Orders are dropped off at a location of your choice. All Deliver Only orders are priced using an a la carte method. Deliver Only orders do not include paper products. They are available upon request for a fee. A delivery fee of $10.00 or 10% (whichever is greater) will be added to the order.
Deliver and Set: Orders are delivered to a location of your choice, presented on a table (provided by customer) with linen, centerpiece, and service ware, left for event duration, and then cleaned up. Deliver and Set orders include paper products. A delivery fee of $15.00 or 12% (whichever is greater) will be added to the order.
Wait-staff: Orders are considered an upgraded Deliver and Set with glassware, silverware, and/or china. Instances may require wait-staff and can be discussed with the Catering sales staff when ordering. A wait-staff fee of $18.00 per hour per staff member will be added to the order.
Catered Buffet: Orders are set up at a location of your choice. A Catered Buffet is presented with full table settings that include linen, glassware, silverware, menus, and centerpieces along with buffets dressed with linen, service ware, and china. Catering staff will attend to the buffet and service from the beginning to the end of the event. A catered buffet is priced per person and a service charge of 18% will be added to the order.
Catered Serve (plated): Orders are set up at a location of your choice. A Catered Serve is presented with full table settings that include linen, glassware, silverware, china, menus, and centerpieces. A typical catered serve is a 3-course meal served to your guests at the table. Catering staff will attend to the guests and service from the beginning to the end of the event. Catered serve is priced per person and a service charge of 18% will be added to the order.
- At no time will outside caterers be allowed on campus without the knowledge of campus event services.
- No outside for or drink is allowed unless approved in writing from Campus Events Services. In the event outside food is brought in a cleaning charge per person will be charged and customer may be banned from future use of facilities. See Food Policies below for more details
- University catering does not rent or loan out any equipment.
- The customer is entitled to all meals which are billed for but not consumed. Said meals will be made available to the customer upon request at the conclusion of the event.
- Due to liability we do not provide containers for food to be taken from the event site.
- The customer is not entitled to any food prepared above and beyond final count.
- No outside food or drink is allowed unless approved in writing from Catering Department. In the event outside food is brought in a cleaning charge of $1.00 per person will be charged and customer may be banned from future use of facilities.
Contracts, Guarantees, Deadlines, and Conditions
- University catering recommends an event order to be booked no less than two weeks prior to the event date. Menu selection and estimated count to be given 7 days prior to the event events booked.
- Events booked less than two weeks prior may be accommodated but may limit the menu options available. Any bookings made less than 5 business days prior to the event may be subject to a 20% surcharge and may limit menu options
- Final guaranteed count is required no later than 4:00pm, 5 business days prior to the event. All dietary needs and restrictions must be given at the time of guaranteed count. Day of event additions that include dietary needs will be subject to availability and a 20% surcharge.
- Increases in count given less than 5 business days prior to the event may be accommodated, but will be subject to a 20% surcharge on the additional meals. Count may NOT be decreased less than 5 business days prior to the event.
- If University catering is not provided with a guaranteed count 5 business days prior to the event, catering will use the estimated guest count listed on the contract as the guarantee count.
- Cancellations received less than 5 full business days prior to the event the order will be subject to a 30% cancellation fee.
- The invoice is calculated using the guaranteed guest count or actual guests served including surcharges whichever is greater.
- Utah State University Eastern departments using a purchase card or [OCC] or index will be charged with in 3 full business days after the event occurs. The OCC or index number must be given at time of order or with the return of the event contract.
- Customers may be required to pay a $200 non-refundable deposit at time of booking. Final payment of the order is due 5 business days prior to the event along with your guaranteed count. Current State of Utah sales and restaurant tax will be applied unless a tax ID number is given.
- Any order over 30 days past due will be charged at 3% monthly service charge on the overdue balance until full payment is made. In the event an account is sent to an outside collection agency you will be responsible for all fees and charges incurred during the collection process including the collection agencies fees.
- A Credit card may be used to hold the room without charging for businesses. Then the day of the event, we can charge the card or accept another form of payment
- No personal checks will be accepted without prior approval.
- All deposits will go towards the final invoice.
- No nails, tape, or adhesive materials maybe used on any of the painted walls or the floors. The event/customer will be charged for the full repair or replacement due to the damage caused by adhesive materials.
- No helium balloons or fog machines allowed as the sprinkling system is very sensitive.