Life and Disability Insurance
See the below options for information about Life and Disability Insurance.
Summary Plan Documents
There are many places where you will have a beneficiary listed such as The Hartford Life Insurance, Zurich AD&D, your Retirement Vendors and Utah State University.
To find who your beneficiaries are:Retirement Account
- Contact the vendor directly by calling them or logging into your account
- Call (435) 797-0122
To change your beneficiaries:
- Contact the vendor directly
- Return the Voluntary Accident Insurance Plan Enrollment Form to the HR office. You only need to fill out the top personal information section and the bottom beneficiary designation & relationship.
The Hartford Life Insurance
- The most accurate way to do beneficiary designation would be through The Hartford Life Insurance system during open enrollment.
- If you have any beneficiary change outside open enrollment you may return the Beneficiary Designation Form which will be kept in your file.
- You are responsible to then make the beneficiary change in The Hartford system during the next open enrollment.
USU Death Benefit
- Complete the Beneficiary Designation for USU Death Benefits Form
Changes to Life Insurance
If you experience a qualifying life event, you, your spouse and eligible children may enroll or make changes to your life insurance within 30 days of the effective date of the event.
A life event is:
- Loss of Coverage
- Change in employment classification from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time
To make changes, log into The Hartford and follow the website direction to complete the process.
If you need assistance or have questions call HR Solutions Center (435) 797-0122.