USU Eastern Dining Services offers nutritional meals and supports the dietary needs of any event, meeting or reception. Dining Services can cater 10-600 guests in various location on campus. Catering services are available for USU Eastern Functions as well as Community Events.
Call us today to schedule your next business meeting, company party, town meeting, reception or celebration.
We look forward to serving you!
Many options are available depending on the type of event you are hosting. Please see our Catering Menus for costs and options.
Your first step in planning your event is scheduling the venue. The scheduling of rooms in the Jennifer Leavitt Student Center and on the campus of USU Eastern are handled through Student Services at (435) 613-5628. All USU Eastern Facilities are smoke free buildings. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Catering Services are available anywhere on USU Eastern Campus. Visit Facilities Rentals for more information regarding available locations
Utah State University Eastern catering reserves the right to change services based on the location menu and or guest count Service styles include the following.
- Will call: Will call orders are pick up orders Orders can be placed for pick up hot or cold. See specific will call menu for availability.
- Catered buffet: A catered buffet is presented with full table settings that include linen glassware silverware centerpieces along with dressed buffets. Catering staff will attend to the buffet and service is provided from the beginning to the end of the event. Catered buffets are priced per person and the service charge of 18% will be added to the order.
- All meals are priced per person or as specified on the menu and an estimate will be given at time of order.
- Catered buffets will be charged an additional service charge of 18%.
- If the order falls below $100.00, including the 18% service charge, a set-up fee of $25 will apply.
- Meal prices for children ages 4-10 are 30% less than adult meals. Number of children attending must be submitted at time of booking to recurve this discount. Children under 3 are free unless a special meal is provided.
- All pricing is subject to change without notice.
- University catering does not rent or loan out any equipment.
Sundays and Holidays
- University catering is closed Sunday's and holidays. Certain events may be accommodated upon approval of the departments involved. Approval must be in writing 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The customer is entitled to all meals which are billed for but not consumed. Said meals will be made available to the customer upon request at the conclusion of the event.
- Due to liability we do not provide containers for food to be taken from the event site.
- The customer is not entitled to any food prepared above and beyond final count.
- No outside food or drink is allowed unless approved in writing from Catering Department. In the event outside food is brought in a cleaning charge of $1.00 per person will be charged and customer may be banned from future use of facilities.
Contracts, Guarantees, Deadlines, and Conditions:
- University catering recommends an event order to be booked no less than two weeks prior to the event date. Menu selection and estimated count to be given 7 days prior to the event events booked.
- Events booked less than two weeks prior may be accommodated but may limit the menu options available. Any bookings made less than 5 business days prior to the event may be subject to a 20% surcharge and may limit menu options
- Final guaranteed count is required no later than 4:00pm, 5 business days prior to the event. All dietary needs and restrictions must be given at the time of guaranteed count. Day of event additions that include dietary needs will be subject to availability and a 20% surcharge.
- Increases in count given less than 5 business days prior to the event may be accommodated, but will be subject to a 20% surcharge on the additional meals. Count may NOT be decreased less than 5 business days prior to the event.
- If University catering is not provided with a guaranteed count 5 business days prior to the event, catering will use the estimated guest count listed on the contract as the guarantee count.
- Cancellations received less than 5 full business days prior to the event the order will be subject to a 30% cancellation fee.
- The invoice is calculated using the guaranteed guest count or actual guests served including surcharges whichever is greater.
- Utah State University Eastern departments using a purchase card or [OCC] or index will be charged with in 3 full business days after the event occurs. The OCC or index number must be given at time of order or with the return of the event contract.
- Customers may be required to pay a $200 non-refundable deposit at time of booking. Final payment of the order is due 5 business days prior to the event along with your guaranteed count. Current State of Utah sales and restaurant tax will be applied unless a tax ID number is given.
- Any order over 30 days past due will be charged at 3% monthly service charge on the overdue balance until full payment is made. In the event an account is sent to an outside collection agency you will be responsible for all fees and charges incurred during the collection process including the collection agencies fees.
- A Credit card may be used to hold the room without charging for businesses. Then the day of the event, we can charge the card or accept another form of payment
- No personal checks will be accepted without prior approval.
- All deposits will go towards the final invoice.
- No nails, tape, or adhesive materials maybe used on any of the painted walls or the floors. The event/customer will be charged for the full repair or replacement due to the damage caused by adhesive materials.
- No helium balloons or fog machines allowed as the sprinkling system is very sensitive.