Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
WUE is an exchange program for undergraduate students. It allows students to pay 150% of resident tuition. The program is filled on a yearly basis beginning with fall semester. Because this program is limited, you are encouraged to apply early. To be considered for the WUE program, a student MUST submit a WUE Application Form.
Notification of awards will begin the last week of March. The program is set for a maximum of 8 semesters. Transfer awards will vary depending on the number of transfer credits already accumulated.
Time the student is enrolled on the WUE will NOT count towards requirements for resident status for tuition purposes.
Deadline - February 1
- Complete an online admissions application and be admitted to USU.
- Have intent to graduate from USU.
- Be a legal resident of a participating state: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, or Wyoming.
- Freshmen must have an admissions index of 100 or higher.
- Transfer students must have a 3.0 or higher GPA and at least 24 post high school credits.
Participants in the WUE Program must do the following to remain eligible:
- Be enrolled for no less than 12 credit hours per semester. The WUE will not pay on more than 18 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative USU grade point average
- Have not accepted any other USU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).
If you have questions please contact Tammie Pantelakis at email@example.com or (435) 613-5323. For more general information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange program, please visit wue.wiche.edu .
For information on the residency law for Utah, please visit Residency Requirements.