Language Credits for Spanish, German, French and Russian (CAPE)
The CAPE (Computer Adaptive Placement Exams) are designed to measure your current skill level and place you in the correct course according to your skills.
- Cost: $35.00 - Call Darla Moore at (435) 797-1209 to pay
- Testing: 30 minute to 1 hour on-line test.
Contact Darla Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (435) 797-1209 and the USU Eastern Testing Center at (435) 613-5325 for an appointment.
Purchasing Language Credits:
You will receive PASS credits on the courses you qualify to purchase.
You must be a fully registered USU student to buy the credits and the credits are good to buy until a student either transfers or graduates.
Students who qualify at the 2020 level may purchase the lower division credits (1010-2020) at the cost of 500 dollars for all 16 credits (20 credits if it is the Japanese courses).
Students who qualify at the 2010 level may purchase the lower division credits (1010-2010) at the cost of 400 dollars for all 12 credits (15 credits if it is the Japanese courses).
Students who qualify at the 1020 level may purchase the lower division credits (1010-1020) at the cost of 300 dollars for all 8 credits (10 credits if it is the Japanese courses).
Students who qualify at the 1020 level may purchase the lower division credits (1010) at the cost of 200 dollars for the 4 credits (5 credits if it is the Japanese course).
Spanish, French, German, and Russian exams can be taken at USU Eastern Price campus. Chinese, Japanese and Arabic tests are given at USU Logan campus. Please contact Darla Moore.
- General Information:
- You must have a USU A# to take the test.
- You must be a fully registered student to buy credits.
- If you transfer from USU you cannot come back and buy the credits because you are not fully registered. You would need to register for a class, pay for it, then you could buy the credits.
- Fully registered means you need to be registered for at least on USU class (doesn't have to be a language class) and attending a class. This class needs to be paid for, then call Darla Moore at (435) 797-1209 to purchase the credits.
- Students may take the exam up to three times, but must pay $35 for each test.
- General Information: